Forum

Local 10M activity

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #729 by g0mqg
Replied by g0mqg on topic Local 10M activity
Either a weekend day (Sunday perhaps) or a weekday evening that doesn't clash with any other local nets.(There is a list published) A frequency in the all mode part of the band seems the best idea (i'll have a look at the band plan for Europe)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #730 by g0mqg
Either a weekend day (Sunday perhaps) or a weekday evening that doesn't clash with any other local nets.(There is a list published) A frequency in the all mode part of the band seems the best idea (i'll have a look at the band plan for Europe)
The band plan suggests 29.0 - 29.30 for all modes with 29.0 - 29.10 for AM so how about a frequency between 29.0 and 29.10 for those who want to try using AM?
I'm open to alternative suggestions.
Tony g0mqg

• M0ZAH
  • M0ZAH's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #732 by M0ZAH
Replied by M0ZAH on topic Local 10M activity
Tony,

I think a Sunday would work well, most people are probably winding down ready for the week ahead.

29.050 AM would be interesting to try. I suppose we could probably get away with using FM here too as long there isn't interference to other band users.

What time Sunday day/evening should be try? I wonder whether 16:00 on a Sunday would be good to start with?

I'll ask David to make an announcement once we come up with a time.

More
1 month 1 week ago #734 by g0mqg
Hi James,
How about a test on 29.050 when convenient for you (AM if you like or FM, i think you wanted to do a test on AM)
Sunday 4pm local time for a regular net sounds good and perhaps a test on AM this evening say about 7.30pm
Lets see what others say about Sundays 4pm local time on 29.050 mode to be decided. Today may be too short notice for everyone to read the forum but how about getting it published on the clubs website and starting say next Sunday (20th)
Tony g0mqg

• M0ZAH
More
1 month 1 week ago #735 by M0ZAH
Tony,

That would be excellent, yes AM would be fun to try. I'll be about at 19:30 tonight 29.050AM.

I agree today is short notice but happy to ask David to announce in this Wednesdays notice.

Anyone else reading this thread, please come and join us. 10M has a lot to offer, even for local activity. I'm located in Thorpe St Andrew and using a 1/4 ground radial vertical. If the nets become successful I'll put up the 5/8 on the house... Don't tell the other half...

• M0ZAH
More
1 month 1 week ago #738 by M0ZAH
Last nights test was fruitful, a big thanks to the following users who joined us:
Tony G0MQG
Tim M7MIT
Stuart M6XTD
Julian 2E0DJR

Next week we will start the net at 16:00 Sunday on 28.550Mhz USB +- QRM. Please come and join us!

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds