Forum

2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??

• G0CBO
  • G0CBO's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #553 by G0CBO
I have had a few comments from a couple of club members about the possibility of doing another 2 metre contest. As some of you may remember we did have a go at one last year which we enjoyed.

It would be good to form a contest group so we could take part as a team. I know we all have enough skills between us for operating and setting up a station along with general CW,SSB skills etc

There are several VHF contests throughout the year and this could be a lot of fun. Also if enough interest we can try 6 metre contests also.

If any one is interested please get in touch, all will be welcome, new licence holders, experienced contesters etc

If we can get enough people say about six, I can approach the contest committee and get the ball rolling to take part in some next year.

Catch me at the club, leave a comment on here or E Mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #554 by M0NKR
Replied by M0NKR on topic 2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??
6 meter contests are easier to take part in as the club and members have the equipment to cater for 6m.

2m is harder as the club doesnt have much kit for that band, plus we are located in the wrong part of the UK for 2m

but count me in what ever happens :-)

Andy
M0NKR
The following user(s) said Thank You: G0CBO

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #555 by G8IXM
Replied by G8IXM on topic 2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??
I would be interested.
Roy (G8IXM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: G0CBO

• G0CBO
More
2 months 1 week ago #558 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic 2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??
Many thanks to all that have shown interest, a few at the club, others E Mailed me, will be arranging a contest meeting soon on an informal club night and we can all discuss and move forward. Not seen next years contest calendar as yet but know of Three we can have a go at as a group, First possible one in May.

Best Wishes

Rodney G0CBO

More
2 months 1 week ago #561 by g8oo
Replied by g8oo on topic 2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??
Hi Guys

Food for thought.

Before we hold a meeting on 2m/6m where HF will have to be mentioned to avoid any clashes as 2 events in the same month would not go down too well at my QTH.

Therefore it would greatly help if we could come to an understanding of the dates for NARC next year’s VHF/HF field events.

I would suggest that Malcom confirm the annual HF CW and “SSB” events.

Where Andy and Rod should converse and pick some VHF events for circulation before the meeting for discussion and hopefully agreement and finally “commitment”.

PS: I would love NARC to do IOTA (possible training event) as it brings together the CW/SSB operators in the same field with the possibility of 1 or 2 HF stations and if we really wanted to get daring we could include a social B&Q in the evening HI.

Kind Regards

Alan Holdsworth G8OO

• G0CBO
More
2 months 1 day ago #563 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic 2 metre possible 6 metre contest group??
Hello All

To those who have not seen this weeks newsletter, a contest meeting is to be held at the club on Weds 31st October. Please all those that are interested come along and give some input. We are off to a strong start with several more people now added , we have about 12 which is great news.

We will be discussing possible contests we can go for and maybe the possibility of running 6 mtrs and 70 cms.

Look forward to hearing your opinions and input.

Rodney G0CBO

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds